Toddlers' mom hangs self

Buprenorphine Post
kcairns

Postby kcairns » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

McChaplin...excellent idea any of us who get calls needing bup RX we can't get in call them narcan RX...woman in question tho was not o.d. but escaped opioid hell thru hanging self...re why politicians etc so on board for narcan but hush on bup is fear of being caught live endorsing anything opioidsounding...ie OPIOSOUNDALIKAPHOBIA ie no guts

MChaplin

Postby MChaplin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

It is sickening to me that i feel obliged to post this but i wonder if she had narcan available, and if not could it have saved her life? the reason it is sickening is that i feel there has been widespread public support of narcan- we see more and more legislation designed to get it into the hands of first responders and family members and even addicts themselves....but I am baffled, why there is not similar public support for buprenorphine- both save lives- but one is a stop gag reactive medicine that does nothing to cure the underlying disease and may even encourage those afflicted to take more risks like the patient i heard about (second hand may just be a story) who wore the narcan around his neck with a note saying please administer if i am unresponsive) while the other allows people to take control back and live a worthwhile and meaningful life.
that said, shouldn't all patients on "waitlists" for buprenorphine have a prescription for narcan? IN CT, the prescriber does NOT have to establish a doctor -patient relationship to prescribe narcan and in some states it can be "prescribed" (dispensed without a doctor's order) by pharmacists...

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Really? A Half-Way House. Wow! I'm jealous. I want a Half-Way House too !

I am starting a new thread, so you can tell us how to do it

:-)

kcairns

good work edibill

edibill

Postby edibill » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

I talk to addicts and their family members daily that are at the end of their ropes. There are so few treatment options for people. Inpatient is unaffordable and when insurance does cover a few days, it's way to few to help. I'm now the only bup provider in a county of 100,000. Three others are waivered but just don't want to "fool with it" any longer. I turn away 5-6 people every day. All the waivered docs within a 200 mile radius are full according to the people I talk to on the phone and I talk to at least half of the callers because when my nurse is busy I answer the phone. For whatever reason, the lawmakers in my state are rabid prohibitionists. I just don't think this newest round of bup restrictions is going to appease them for very long. I think the TN waivered docs days are numbered. On a positive note, I've opened my first halfway house for addicts that need somewhere go after their extensive 5 day treatment programs, lol. I have space for about 20 and when that starts getting full, I'm going to open another.

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

No real words to describe tragedies like this, which happen about once every 15 minutes, when one of our fellow citizens dies from non-deliberate Opiate O.D.

rac1210

Postby rac1210 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Didn't we all take the Hippocratic Oath to save lives and reduce suffering. WTF is wrong w the regulatory agencies that limit a life saving drug when we are losing patients to opioid overdoses!!!! What a shame for this mother and child!!!!!!!!!!!!

kcairns

NoDrugs4u. that is the subject of my above entry, i just didnt repeat it in the text...and to all above responders, thanks...yes true in MT, she was on my waiting list, had not expressed SI, and also waiting on another list, i have many on my waiting list, all very needing, pregnant etc, on one of our threads, one of us posted in re asking dea re taking urgent cases over 100 and answer was -- that is breaking the law --,,,her husband is on my program and doing great , i asked him if he had SI d/t her death, he said no had to live for the kids....to people removed from human element looking only at stats just one more death doesnt change the stats much at all and policy none....people theoretically incolved w this issue but humanly disconnected might say, maybe she hung self for other reason....only exposing so their unknowingness even tho they may be in expert positions high above, this is the life and death of medically disenfranchised opioid addict, as we all feel already too much , they describe it as "hell" and more, and the lucky very very many get emerg inpt psych hosp help before death

Dave

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

NoDrugs, The title of this thread is the only reference to the hanged mom.

NoDrugs4u

Postby NoDrugs4u » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Did I miss something here, where is the story about a dead mother and child?

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”