Buprenorphine Post

Postby fishdoc » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

As a Probuphine implanation and removal trainer, I strongly suggest you do not compare Nexplanon to Probuphine as to implantation and removal charges, Nexplanon is 1 implant: Probuphine is 4. The fee is much less for Nexplanon. That is why Braeburn is working to create NEW CODES for insertion and removal.

Postby cruser » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

I also got certified last weekend. Still trying to figure out how to get it to work out financially. I am not sure if any insurance companies are going to pay for it. How much are you going to charge to do the procedure? I have patients already asking.

Postby drpasser » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Good for you!

I signed up and then backed out, after I saw the price of these things and the fact that the physician has to first purchase them and then "sell" them to the pt or charge their insurance. Since we do not accept insurance (like over 50% of US Psychiatrists) and because I don't have a tree which grows five thousand dollar bills, I had to decide it wasn't for me.

But I love the idea of this and am excited to hear about your experience with the device(s), edibill....

Postby Bruni » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

The makers of Suboxone are planning to license a monthly buprenorphine implant during 2017 (I am sure they are hurrying).

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”