Senators support 500 pt limit

Buprenorphine Post
ckheb

Postby ckheb » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

Just a quick note, perhaps already posted, that SAMHSA has recommended raising the Pt limit to 200...Perhaps a quick response will be forthcoming.

entjwb

Postby entjwb » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

The biggest problem is they have used the same battle plan unsuccessfully. If they find a physician over prescribing and just shut them down. They have just turned the addicted patients over to street drug dealers. They need to have physicians who will do the addiction treatment in the correct manner to be able to take these patients and treat them with no hassle. Then we might get rid of as much need for street drugs. Just my thought

kcairns

Postby kcairns » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

I do believe there is much evidence that the whole political system is fixed so that a few good people cannot disturb establishment control..but if so is such out of place on a bup webboard?...well suffering and death are I believe not...since on April 1 I posted and then so as not to be ornery withdrew a post stating that every day I would post icons of 3 wooden crosses for each hours deaths that day from opioids.until the time the establishment had completed the necessary and astonishingly simple actions in the name of human life..well FYI if I had so done by now I would have posted 6300 wooden crosses up to today which would be quite daily headline filling but is not and no end apparently anywhere near and we on this board prefering to live in sprirt w the the oath of Hippocrates this being no more fathomable to US ruling establishment mentality than are lyrics of Randy Travis even as opioid OD death continue to excede highway deaths

gordon2441

Postby gordon2441 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

I wouldn't hold my breath. It's been 45 years since the War on Drugs was declared... Dismal failure, yet no repeal. What makes you think
that a sensible plan to increase patient numbers for MAT would pass??

Also, see "Fentanyl, we have a problem", below. Increased potency of drugs to avoid detection is a direct result of the criminalization of drugs. *sigh*

Gordon

rac1210

Postby rac1210 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

I just wonder when our federal government is going to ok this limit. Typical Washington BS dragging their damn feet while more people die needlessly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”