Senators support 500 pt limit

Buprenorphine Post
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

I have read and re-read what I wrote 11 days ago, and I fail to see that what I said was "polarizing". As far as "preachy" is concerned, the only way I can see that is the mention of good and evil somehow offends those who don't believe such things exist. I cannot apologize for this. I am completely dumfounded that "understanding" can be construed as a slippery concept. If all of us physicians did not understand diseases and health, I can't imagine we would be helpful to our patients. I suppose I am not dealing with some open minded people here. I will keep my opinions and knowledge to myself so as not to offend anyone here. I will not disturb you all again. Bye.

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

The following might be apropos:

"Our blade of righteousness should never be too sharp"
from a Retired Israeli Mossad Officer

Best,
Kevin

jmosby1469

Postby jmosby1469 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

I'm afraid my message of frustration was not well enough stated in order to be taken seriously. I apologize for my poor phrasing, but my message is unalloyed. Contrary to a recent trend in political rhetoric I, for one, don't find it dishonest to be "politically correct," and my message above suggests I'm not adhering to that belief, having let myself slip into nearly offensive bluntness.

drpasser

Dave,

Is is possible to sound a bit less preachy and less polarizing, which is a distraction, in my opinion, from the topic at hand. I like it when we can all engage in respectful discourse and I believe we can do that on this forum. If one looks back, it is rather rare to find here, rants quite like yours above. We are better and stronger when we can discuss stuff together as a group, while striving to be sensitive enough about one's content, to not turn off group members to the discussion.

I know we can all say whatever we want here, which is a great thing. I would not want to see that change.

Best,
Kevin

jmosby1469

Postby jmosby1469 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

I'm sorry these comments cannot be contained in another basket. This system is rigged stuff is just too much for me. We sound so high-minded and nobly outraged here, but I'm not in that club of conspiracy theorists, and would like to leave y'all to agree with one another elsewhere, if possible. Guess we're stuck with the politics in spite of my preference to let you do it outside. It strikes me as promoting a political agenda rather than medical issues, and I so hate to dump the whole use of this board in order to avoid your tirades.

Bruni

Postby Bruni » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

@ Dave..."understanding" is a slippery concept and never, in and of itself, sufficient to effect real change, either personally or socially (at least in the USA). Profit is a much more powerful incentive for social and political change.

kcairns

Postby kcairns » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 am

asamweekly editorial --7/5 on "rapid raging of drug use across u.s."...they ask "where place blame ? in that there are so many well meaning people and groups that are complicit"..."the overhead for the management of physicians thru insurance providers has ensured that prescribing a medication (ie opioid) is still cheaper than actualy talking w the patient'... and today 7/8, fed reg out under comments I told them they were throwing people out this way under the bus, under responses they told me they know better than I do, today a Native American mother of 2 toddlers told me she's thrown under...they talk the talk of caring about Native Americans ...truth = Americans Native and other have one hope only, sayng yes to their own inner values before they ever once say yes to drugs and to save themselves thru prevention, as all the wellmeaning and complicit people and groups will never help them but cannot control them as they control us docs...in words of the late Archbishop Monsignor Oscar Arnulfo Romero "they may silence me but they will never silence the voice of the people"

Dave

"Satanic" as in evil. You don't have to believe in the Big D to know that the battle between good and evil continues. What is lacking in the drug battle is an understanding of the causes. Many cases are the result of poor medical decisions that lead to long term opiate therapy. Other cases are a result of a poor educational system that teaches children to believe that whatever they do they should value themselves highly and not judge others. Another cause is that of a feeling of having no future or having a sense of hopelessness because of the decline in cultural values, decreasing economic conditions and job opportunities. Depression has been said to be the most common illness today. Some will self medicate just to "feel better", and they often choose the wrong substance. If our silly politicians think they can solve this problem, they do not understand the causes, most of which they have created themselves.

drpasser

Satanic?

Dave

Much in the news lately is the story of the radical Islamic terrorist who murdered about 50 people in Orlando. This is big national news since it's the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11. But this story pales next to the drug deaths that people simply accept as "normal" or everyday stuff and go about their business. A big problem remains the fact that the average person still believes drug addiction is a moral failure of a inadequate person who should get control of himself and stop this bad habit. Until people realize this is really a Satanic plague that is killing off huge segments of the younger population not much is going to change. This also relates to our open borders allowing influx of any guy who wants to sneak in. Some are drug dealers, but the majority are not and are welcomed by our rulers in DC because our population would be declining (loss of their beloved tax base) like that of Europe if these immigrants did not come here.

Conclusion: the drug epidemic is one of the most important failures of American culture and should be a high priority.

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”