Setting to prescribe Suboxone

Buprenorphine Post
kcairns

Postby kcairns » Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 am

NYT (therefore sure to have purpose of suckering readers) editorial yesterday says there is little money for rx of sud opioids but re treatment calls only for building of more "centers"...profoundity-posimg paper in asam today adds fuel to those saying that expanding medication treatment or not is a big debate (kinda like climate change), full of mindboggling details among which death vs life is sorta minor and from suchlike is totally omitted things like chronic Xanax 8 mg/day (?compare its lifesaving w bup -- o never mind) by docs w/o boards in anything or testifying of capacity to accept insurance, and midlevels ...thanks to Kevin and Dave above, Dave, staring into evils of gov does get abyss staring back at you, the people we believe are evil of course believe that we are...what is to be believed I thought was what the enlightenment was supposed to be all about -- learning etc --...my 17 yo son I am so proud of him just played Pedro in much ado, " My love is thine to teach, teach it but how; and thou shalt see how apt it is to learn any hard lesson that may do thee good"

Dave

Postby Dave » Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 am

kcairns, we are dealing with evil in the world. The battle between good and evil seems to have been an ongoing war since the beginning of the human race. I suspect the government, instead of helping us do good, is involved too much on the dark side.

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 am

Thanks Ken!

:-)

kcairns

when unhampered so many out there like crazy rxing stimulants, bzd and fentanyl and such as 90 mtd and 120 oxy at one time --I cannot ever understand the passion w which so many try to destroy proper medication****isted treatment.. it is inexplicable, deadly, execrable and all those responsible should stand accused and suffer consequences...except for one total boor I have enjoyed all he dea people I have met...but this inspection thng has got to stop....it was from 14 years ago ..how about re-evaluation..what misdirected resources...when the word needs go out ...about so much...Prince and so many should not be dead...if he had come to me, plain ordinary me any time from 10 years ago until the day before he died Prince would be alive and so many...and still they sit around in congress w their leisurely meetings on all their handwringing negatives about lessening the capping on treatment ...why is the word not out there except the day after a famous death/...for severe chronic pain even w/o or before addiction... the correct rx is b/n and in their terrifying us of the consequences for us if we so rx they deal death the pure and simkple truth...and me, tho I would have Prince alive as I hdo have so many alive instead of dead..when time for limitlifting if ever comes, I will not likely be allowed as I don't fulfill all of their 90 pages or so of criteria (10 years of saving lives wont count) and pts here begginjg me for help as no access but me and my long filled 100, they will be left by authorities to die, suffer and be imprisoned

NoDrugs4u

Postby NoDrugs4u » Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 am

Why does everyone make it so hard for us to treat our patients! I have a DEA inspection tomorrow!

MChaplin

Postby MChaplin » Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 am

I practice in a cmhc in ct- in order for me to prescribe buprenorphine here for MAT- our agency had to get a substance abuse treatment license from the DPH........I could have prescribed without it but only if I kept my own records and operated outside of the agency umbrella!

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 am

I think you should be able to Rx bupe to pts. There may be some differences, working with/for a facility.

To be on the safe side, ck c your local DEA. If they say it's ok-then it's ok. They are the final arbiter.

Best
Kevin

Bruni

Postby Bruni » Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 am

quote:
Originally posted by sboyd

I am waivered to prescribe suboxone. I have been having trouble getting my mental health clinic to agree to allow me to prescribe it because they say the clinic is not "licensed" to provide substance abuse treatment.

The administration might actually be confused about the regs, but it's also likely that they are worried about ancillary but important issues like malpractice coverage, tenancy agreements, neighbors' opinions, character of a suboxone clientele, billing issues (low reimbursement, cash handling on premises), and others I haven't thought about. And if it is similar to facilities I have known, finding out what the issue is, and identifying the person responsible for slowing it down might be very difficult. Using "not licensed" seems like an invented answer when the real answer is not known.

Bruni

kcairns

just jumping in to help...info ubiquitous incl all recent HHS statements on same, but quickly u could go to asam and then national practice guidelines then to the JAM summary of same... tragedy is when people make such statements means the are content being factless and desire to so dwell in comfort... a disgraceful situation for any one and esp any one in mental health field today

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”