buprenorphine and the treatment of chronic pain

Buprenorphine Post
entjwb

Postby entjwb » Tue May 19, 2015 8:17 pm

I have used Bupe to treat chronic pain, off label, for 2-3 years. It does work but the problem is the Suboxone, Zubsolv companies have not completed studies to get that indication. I understood Bunavail was but not sure if it has been approve by FDA for pain. I have seen patients switch from the other opiates and be able to function more normally with mental confusion. I would like to some serious effort into make Bupe products the primary drug of choice for chronic pain because of fewer mental and physical side effects. There should be a supper tax on other opiates used for more than thirty days except for terminal cancer patients. The patients I treat with the Bupe for pain all tell me they can live with the small amount of pain they have and function 200% better than on the "traditional" opiates. I have it documented in the chart the patient knows it is not yet approved for pain because studies not completed to show can work for pain. But one product Butrans patch is approved for pain which is Bupe.

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”