My norm is:
1. See new patient
2. Call the next day to see how they are doing and answer any questions
3. See them again 7 days after first appointment
4. See them again 7 days later. If both f/u visits have negative opiate use and no issues with Bup, then
5. See them 2 weeks later.If they still were having issues, then weekly til stable
6. See them q 2 weeks until the end of month 2 and if stable, then
7. See q 4 weeks. If relapse occurs...repeat the above.
I do make exceptions for patients who transfer to my from another Doc and have good documentation of adherence to Bup and sobriety from Opiates. For those patients, I would not have a problem seeing them 4 weeks after first appointment with me.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest