My first Kratom pt

Buprenorphine Post
robertsonjon

Postby robertsonjon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am

I have 2 patients who used kratom to wean themselves off bup. I haven't seen them in a while, but they were doing well at last visit. I've recommended kratom to patients whom I had to discharge for suspected diversion.

rickbennettmd

Postby rickbennettmd » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am

Dr Passer

I would be interested to learn of your response to edibils question above:
"So what was the overall benefit in switching from kratom to buprenorphine? Its legal, relatively mild from what I read and affordable? A kilo is around 200 bucks on the websites I reviewed."

This is not a devil's advocate question, of course. Your answer will necessarily contain information very novel to us.

Thank you

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am

My Kratom pt is doing well. He is down to 0.5 mgs BID of bupe. No Kratom cravings since starting bupe.

:-)

catschollmd

Postby catschollmd » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am

more info please

edibill

Postby edibill » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am

I talked to a guy on the phone who had weaned himself off oxycodone with kratom and was now wanting to start suboxone because he couldn't stop taking kratom. I'm at my patient limit and referred him to another doc.

How's your kratom patient doing Dr. Passer?

deegee

Postby deegee » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am

I would love to hear some followup on this patient. What did the baseline urine tox show? Is the patient still with you? How is he/she doing, and on what dose?
Thanks.

edibill

Postby edibill » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am

So what was the overall benefit in switching from kratom to buprenorphine? Its legal, relatively mild from what I read and affordable? A kilo is around 200 bucks on the websites I reviewed. They couldn't taper off kratom? The forums have lots of stories about people using it to get off bup.

Just a devils advocate kind of post. I would have done the induction as well.

Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am

Never heard of Kratom.

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”