DEA inspection.

Buprenorphine Post
peterorrin

Postby peterorrin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

Every prescription that leaves this office is copied and inserted into the patient's chart. Mistakes can be made at every stop along the 'medical train', including here!!

Jeremy K

Postby Jeremy K » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks very much for posting this. Like someone else says, it allays anxiety knowing that someone else's experience with this was relatively painless.

I don't think my state requires duplicates on narcotic Rx's, so my pads don't have a carbon nor do we xerox them. Of course I have a prescription entry on each patient's EMR that is the same as what I've written on the Rx slip. Does anyone know if the DEA independently requires carbons on Rx's, regardless of state law, either for all narc's or for Suboxone only?

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

Because so many opiate addicts have chronic pain, a few years ago, I decided to study pain management and so, I took and passed the test to become a Dlplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management. I guess I think others should do the same, to be better able to eventually and more easily get people off bupe. Finally, their website has a lot of great information to help pts with pain, including the Pain Outcome Profile, to better quantify pt's pain.

http://www.aapainmanage.org/

kcairns

Postby kcairns » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

thanks, always trying to learn, good success to you

NoDrugs4u

Postby NoDrugs4u » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

Ha,ha :-) Thanks kcairns. I should sell t-shirts, it would be more profitable than medical practice! Do you mean my Rx for those things in addiction patients or regular patients? In general patients I use mostly SSRI's for mood disorders; melatonin, hydroxyzine or trazodone for insomnia (of course, it always works "better" if it is a "RX"); and for chronic pain - I am primary care so = referral "Pain Management".

kcairns

Postby kcairns » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

NoDrugs4u....fantastic handle. You've got to be a great doc for this business. do u make t-shirts?...ps what is your rx for anxiety, insomnia and chronic pain?

NoDrugs4u

Postby NoDrugs4u » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

edibill, Wow, that is a great summary of an inspection. I am just getting started in the Subox business and find your narrative very enlightening. It helps to allay many of my fears about the dreaded DEA "Gestapo". Thank you!

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”