Random Drug Screen Generator

Buprenorphine Post
MChaplin

Postby MChaplin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:44 am

I read somewhere that After a patient provides a urine you can roll dice to determine when the next one should be. Put the date on the schedule but don't inform the patient until day of or say before or whatever your office protocol is. I struggle with making stable patients come in randomly because it feels so intrusive to ask someone to interrupt their daily
Life and drop everything to come in.

DrBranton

Postby DrBranton » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:44 am

quote:
Originally posted by drpasser

Flip a coin?
Pick numbers from a hat?
Why not make it fun?

You mean like spin a carnival wheel? This could be done however I am trying to provide a bit more structure to a program where I work part time. We have many patients at various stages of their treatment. Some are tested twice weekly others twice a month. There has to be an app for this type of thing, I would think.

DrB

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:44 am

Flip a coin?
Pick numbers from a hat?
Why not make it fun?

BrianPierce

Postby BrianPierce » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:44 am

I generally test my addiction patients at each visit but for my chronic scheduled med patients, we keep it simple and simply select a random integer within a small range and test anyone who 'rolls' the number. We have dice at the front desk but it's easier just to use one of the many online random number generators such as https://www.random.org/
I'm sure a bright staffer could do the same with CSV lists of patient names and a spreadsheet to generate lists but not sure if it'd be worth the bother.

Rockport, Maine

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”