BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER IN OPIOID DEPENDEN

Buprenorphine Post
DrBranton

Postby DrBranton » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 am

I do agree that the Medical Board's primary objective is to serve and protect the public however, I find "compchat57" counterpoint a bit hard to swallow. I do not believe that a Medical Board would deny or suspend a medical license without due process.

DrB

compchat57

Postby compchat57 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 am

No Dr. Passer you are wrong. In California a doctor can be charged, convicted and punished for something without every knowing about it until they receive a denial of licensure renewal. This is the status of of physician discipline. The stated purpose of the medical board is to protect PATEINTS by licensening, disciplining and suspending doctors' licenses. Also you guys should check your malpratice insurance for your medical board prosecution benefits. Typically they stop at $25,000 if you have that coverage at all. You should have at least 100,000 dollars in coverage because attorneys are very expensive and the process of fighting the medical board is extremely time consuming. That you had two complaints dropped and they allowed you to present your side is just good luck.

The medical board has no legal obligation to notify you of a complaint before they discipline you. Supposedly a physician is legally responsible for coding and billing 'errors' for every patient visit even if you use an outside independent billing service. If the patient complains about the bill they will investigate and prosecute you even if the case has no merit. Due process is not something a physician is entitled to in medical board matters. I

The point is don't****ume that the Medical Board is there do serve up justice. They are not. They are there to discipline doctors. Read their mission statements. I don't know about Mississippi but this is the case in California.

drpasser

Postby drpasser » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 am

Well, there may be more to this story than meets the eye.

At any rate, here in Mizzippi for example, the medical board takes complaints seriously, but they also investigate any and all complaints and always allow the doctor to present his or her version of the story. I have had two complaints, both dropped after my side was presented.

Best
Kevin

Return to “Clinical Use of Buprenorphine”